The MRS Advanced Certificate in Market & Social Research Practice has been developed by The Market Research Society. Drawing on best practice across the profession,the MRS Advanced Certificate is designed to provide a practical grounding in the principles and techniques which underpin effective marketing research.
This degree level qualification is designed for those who have just entered or are seeking to enter the marketing research profession, working in the areas of commercial marketing or social research, either within research agencies or client-side research departments.
The qualification seeks to enable candidates to develop a wide range of research skills, including:
- understand, define and evaluate research objectives for given research problems
- design appropriate research solutions to identified problems, based on a clear understanding of a range of research approaches and techniques
- select appropriate techniques for the collection and analysis of the data necessary to inform effective decision-making
- provide recommendations to support the decision-making process, based on a clear understanding of the information gathered during the research process
- analyse and evaluate choices made at each stage in the process
Open Evenings, Course Dates, Prices & Booking
|Course||Location||Dates||Time||Price exc. VAT||Book Now|
|MRS Advanced Certificate Open Evening||London City||11 Jul||6:15PM – 8:00PM||Free||
6:15PM – 8:00PM
Free exc. VAT
BOOK Now » 15 Places Available!
|BOOK Now » 15 Places Available!|
|MRS Advanced Certificate Open Evening||London City||09 Aug||6:15PM – 8:00PM||Free||
6:15PM – 8:00PM
Free exc. VAT
BOOK Now » 16 Places Available!
|BOOK Now » 16 Places Available!|
|MRS Advanced Certificate Open Evening||London City||19 Sep||6:15PM – 8:00PM||Free||
6:15PM – 8:00PM
Free exc. VAT
BOOK Now » 9 Places Available!
|BOOK Now » 9 Places Available!|
|MRS Advanced Certificate in Market & Social Research Practice||London City||02 Oct – 15 Jan||6:15PM – 9:00PM||£1,750.00||
02 Oct – 15 Jan
6:15PM – 9:00PM
£1,750.00 exc. VAT
BOOK Now » 14 Places Available!
|BOOK Now » 14 Places Available!|
Candidates for the Advanced Certificate would normally have one or more of the following:
- One year or more of relevant experience in marketing or social research
- The Market Research Society Foundation Course Certificate
- MRS/City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Market & Social Research
- Satisfactory nomination by employer
- Satisfactory nomination by course tutor, in cases where the MRS Advanced Certificate is being taken alongside an undergraduate degree or CIM Certificate
- 2 A Levels (or equivalent)
The MRS Advanced Certificate is a single-unit qualification, comprising 8 elements which follow the research process from problem definition to reporting on research results.
In order to reflect the inter-dependence of the various stages in the research process, the assessment of the qualification follows an integrated approach. All candidates must complete 2 components of assessment:
- A coursework element (the Integrated Assignment, or IA): This 3000 – 3500 word assignment requires candidates either to prepare a proposal for a research project, or a critical review of a research project with which they have been involved. Both formats require candidates to integrate knowledge from across the syllabus.
- A written examination: All questions in the examination draw on at least two elements of the syllabus, and, in order to be successful, candidates must demonstrate that they can integrate knowledge from different elements. In each examination round, a minimum of 80% of syllabus areas will be assessed through the range of questions. Exam Duration: 2 hrs 30mins.
The focus of the MRS Advanced Certificate in Market & Social Research Practice is on the development of understanding of both key principles and ‘real world’ research practice, and on the application of this understanding to research problems.
The learning outcomes for the qualification cover the 8 elements outlined below:
- Introduction to Market & Social Research
- Designing a research project
- Selecting an appropriate sample
- Planning and conducting qualitative research
- Planning and conducting quantitative research
- Designing instruments for gathering data
- Analysing data
- Reporting research findings
Why study for the MRS Advanced Certificate at The Marketers’ Forum?
The Marketers’ Forum (TMF) is an accredited provider of classroom based tuition for the MRS Advanced Certificate in London and our course is designed for busy professionals who may also be travelling for work or juggling family life.
This is a course that is as relevant to a newly qualified graduate, as a researcher looking for a formal research qualification, qualitative or quantitative specialists looking to extend their knowledge, to highly experienced business people who are learning new skills or have expanded their marketing remit to include research.
Our classes are fun, stimulating, thought-provoking and challenging and will ask you to draw on your previous life and business experience to apply research theory to a range of scenarios in a market or social research context. You will be encouraged by your Tutor to develop a research brief and proposal around a topic of personal, social or professional relevance for your final assessment and will spend the final section of your course practising your exam skills and ability to apply your new-found knowledge to any business or social context.
Our delegates enjoy excellent grades and we frequently have a pass rate of 100% with above average levels of Distinctions. We keep in touch with our delegates acting as referees, mentors and giving research advice when needed and we encourage Alumni to return to TMF to speak at our research masterclasses and open evenings.
The TMF Tutor and Assessor for the MRS Advanced Certificate is Matt Housden, an experienced trainer who has worked in marketing for over 25 years. Besides writing books on the subject, he also heads-up his own consultancy company.
If you have a question about the content of this course or your suitability for it, please send Carl Jones an email on firstname.lastname@example.org.