Matt Housden teaches on the CIM Postgraduate Diploma and the Professional Certificate programmes.
Matt is a marketing consultant, author, academic and trainer. He has worked in marketing for 25 years, in a range of senior positions. He is a director of Face Value Consulting and principal lecturer in the marketing group at the University of Greenwich.
He is an experienced and successful consultant and trainer of events marketing personnel and has worked with companies such as Avvio, Olive 360, Serco, Sense, Kraft, Nichirei, International Multi foods, Cadbury, Ferrero, Miller Freeman, IBM, Philip Morris, Anheuser Busch, Tarmac, NCET, Fiat, Barclays, Barclaycard, Swiss Reinsurance, the London Business School, the Royal Mail, Microsoft, The DTI, GUS, Wella, Orange, Fiat UK, Wesleyan Assurance, Eden Springs, DHL and TMF.
His books include:
- Successful Market Research, Hodder and Stoughton
- Strategic Marketing Management, Butterworth Heinemann
- Market Research for Managers, Butterworth Heinemann
- International Marketing in Action, Kogan Page
- Direct Marketing in Practice, Butterworth Heinemann
- Marketing Research and Information, (CIM/MRS course guide), Butterworth Heinemann
His current activities include writing and research into marketing research, e-marketing and interactive and relationship marketing.
He is a consultant, tutor, examiner and member of the Institute of Direct Marketing, syllabus advisor to CAM and a tutor and former examiner at the Chartered Institute of Marketing. He is a full member of the Market Research Society and ESOMAR. In 2006 he was made Educator of the Year by the Institute of Direct Marketing.